Sunday, January 15, 2006

Here I am joining the Blogosphere. Why am I doing this, I wonder? I'm a science nerd. I don't even like to write really. It's one reason I never went back to get my masters degree...all those papers! YUK! I'm certainly intelligent enough to handle it, I just choose not to. So, here I am...writing. Go figure.

My three daughters all blog and they keep after me to "post". What to write about, I wonder. It took me forever to land on a name for my blog that suited me. But I like it. It's short and to the point. About the title. If there's one word that describes my physical existence, it would be wanderings. My husband Bruce and I will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary this month. We calculated that in those 30 years, we have changed addresses 15 times. We are a nomadic bunch. Sorry girls. I wanted to put down roots, really I did, but God led us in other directions and in the end, I'm glad about that. Not only have we sampled different cultures within our own country, but we can travel from coast to coast and stay with friends! I hope in the end it has helped you and not hindered you.

But wanderings not only describes my physical journies, but my spiritual journey as well. I feel for those Israelites who wandered for 40 years. I really do. I wander, but it isn't aimless. I do have a focus--it just sometimes seems to lead me in ways I don't understand. So, like Tolkien's quote, I don't consider myself lost--just not realy sure of the exact route to my destination. And for a left-brained science person, it can be a bit unsettling.

So, welcome to my blog. I'm sure I will wander in my choice of subject matter as well. Sometimes serious, sometimes not, but hopefully as my husband says of our life together, "always interesting".

So there girls! I've posted at last. Now you better comment!

5 Comments:

Blogger JTB said...

MOM,

Yay! So exciting. Now I can link to you and all sorts of questionable people will have access to your blog and perhaps even leave cryptic comments.

Hey, fix those typos.

JJ

7:16 PM  
Blogger JTB said...

P.S. So who's atypical, the minister or the wife? Is this modifier ambiguous on purpose?

7:23 PM  
Blogger J. Brent Bates said...

Very cool blog, Pat! And if Jen didn't have the moving bug in her and move off to China, we might not ever have gotten together!

Can't wait to read more.

Brent

11:28 AM  
Blogger mom23 said...

I hope you are going to share some secrets to happily ever after with us. And recipes. You'd be so proud of how I can find my way around a kitchen now. And your hot chocolate recipe is still my very very very favorite and will always be.

I'm thrilled your blogging.

9:23 PM  
Blogger allison said...

MOMmy, you're here! I have to thank you and Dad both for every move we made. Gosh it was hard but if we had never moved I would never have expanded that little concept they call worldview. And I sure wouldn't be living in a foreign country. I would have thought acne was the biggest trial in teenage life. Thanks for giving me a little more perspective on people and increasing my compassion for others.

There were typos?
Love, al

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home