Monday, August 07, 2006

I love it when...




...a plan comes together. Well, I've finished my postpartum doula training, so I guess I'm an official PPD. I've gotten myself some business cards (never had those before, pretty cool), and also a business license with official numbers from the IRS. I'm contacting OBs and pediatricians in the area and the midwives too, so I guess I'll just see what happens next. By the way, my business is called the "Tree of Life Doula Service".

I also got a call for a job interview at a local elementary school for a paraeducator job. This would be a job working with the students on their reading skills. This particular school is very close to my house (5 minutes away at most) and has a great reputation for getting kids on grade level with reading. Plus, they don't start until 9 a.m.! That is very wonderful! My interview is next Monday, so keep me in mind. If I land the job, we can balance our budget which lately has been in the negative, and I can work on my doula business part-time.

In 17 days, we leave for Honduras to see Ally, Jarrod, Sol, and Levi and we are going from the airport to the beach! Very exciting because Bruce and I have never seen the beaches in Honduras but more exciting are the people we're going to see. Sol is very anxious for us to come and has figured out that Nana is Mommy's mommy, and Pop is Mommy's Papi. That's a big step in making sense of all the significant people in her life.

So...things are looking up around here. Even though I haven't lost much weight (2.5 lbs), I'm still trying and hope to join the local gym if I snag that job. That will help matters greatly. Even my ugly backyard is looking better as you can see from the pictures above.

Once again, I see that things do have a way of working out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy S. Grant said...

Congratulations on all of the above. I do hope the school job works out, it seems great.

We enjoyed hearing Jarrod's voice during our recent worship service. He led our communion time from Honduras!

Love the lilies in your yard.

6:34 PM  
Blogger JTB said...

So has Sol also worked out that Tia Jen is Mommy's sister and Clare's mommy? Work on this for me while you're there.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home