Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A new job

I got that job! Now what do I do? This will be a total change for me and you know, change is good. It shakes things up a bit, keeps you on your toes. Instead of teenagers, I'll be working with kindergarteners and 1st graders who need help with reading skills. On reflection, I bet it's about the same. It's been my observation that teenagers act like kindergarteners a great deal of the time, so maybe I'm more prepared than I think.

I'm excited about this for a lot of reasons: 1) It's something new 2) I can actually go to work, come home and be done with it 3) which means I can have a life 4) I don't have to be there until 9 a.m. (woo, hoo) 5) which means I can go to the gym before work, come home and shower 6) which means, I can start to get this body back into shape 7) I'll have time to do my doula-ing on the side 8) we can actually maybe balance our budget and pay a little extra on bills 9) we can go out to eat again (occasionally) 10) and I don't have to work in the summer!!

We leave for Honduras in 9 days and I will miss the prep for school that employees have, but that's even OK with them. Not to worry they said. I start work the day after we get back on Labor Day. So life is good. Wish me luck. Can one woman manage 6 little kindergarteners at a time?? We'll see.

4 Comments:

Blogger mom23 said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your new job!

And I wish I was going to Honduras with you.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Still going to be able to do doula work?

Congrats!

Hh

7:22 AM  
Blogger mom23 said...

I tagged you!

7:09 PM  
Blogger pat said...

Yes, I'm still going to be able to do doula work...I'll just have to do it on my off hours. We just needed some stable income, and I figure it will take some time before the doula business will actually do that. And Tracy, thanks for the fun tag. I'll do it when I get back!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home