Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Mere Discipleship

Mere Discipleship by Lee Camp is quickly becoming for me one of those life changing books. I am privileged to lead a ladies' discussion group as we study the very important concepts that he explores. It will be uncomfortable at times. It will be controversial. But, I trust that we will try honestly to look into Scripture and begin to think on things that we may not have thought about before. I trust that we will be united in our desire to learn better how to be a student of Jesus' way. And in the process, I know it will change us.

If any of you out there have not read this book, I highly recommend that you do, but if you're comfortable where you're at, don't read it. I hope none of us are satisfied with where we are and that none of us are afraid to consider once again just what it means to be a disciple.

3 Comments:

Blogger pat said...

I know what you mean. That is one of my concerns, but I'll have the spirit to guide me. One of the first things I'm doing is having the group draft a "Rules of Engagement" contract for lack of a better term. So that, when differing opinions arise, we will have guidelines that we all set up as to how to deal with that. I'll keep you informed.

8:24 AM  
Blogger allison said...

that's smart mom!

wish i could be in your class.

love.

8:01 AM  
Blogger JTB said...

maybe we should say instead, "if you are comfortable where you're at, definitely read it"?

Of course I haven't yet myself and that makes me pretty behind the curve for all those cutting edge CofC blog discussions out there.

Perhaps you could consider putting this on my Christmas wish list. Because you know, I'm still a person in my own right and not all gifts should be Clare-related. That sounds ungrateful but I don't mean it that way at all, esp. since we got this gi-normous box the other day full of fun goodies for all! Thank you!!!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home